Bag o’ Crime: Feb. 27

By-Law Complaint:
Location:  232 King St. N.
Reported:  Monday, Feb.18, 2013, 12:35 a.m.
A 19 year old male (U. of W. student) was issued with a Provincial Offence Notice by SCS pursuant to the Waterloo Public Nuisance By-Law #20112-125.  He had been spotted urinating on W.L.U. controlled property at 232 King St. N.

Graffiti:
Location:  Faculty of Social Work
Reported:  Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013, 8:01 a.m.
Custodial staff reported that graffiti (offensive slogan) was found in the middle stall of the women’s main floor washroom at the Faculty of Social Work.  CCTV video footage was reviewed, with negative results.  No suspects.  The graffiti was removed by Physical Resources.

Person Stop:
Location:  Mid Campus Drive
Reported:  Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013, 1:03 a.m.
While on mobile patrol, SCS Officers observed a suspicious looking male, wearing all dark clothing walking through the middle of Campus near an all female Residential building.  He appeared to be nervous upon seeing the SCS Patrol vehicle.  Due to a recent number of break and enters into Residence buildings, Officers stopped him for identification purposes.  He was identified as a 26 year old (non student).  Officers verbally trespassed the male as he had no known business on WLU property.

Location:  Fred Nichols Campus Centre
Reported:  Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2013, 11:12 am
SCS Officers attended to the 24 Lounge (2nd floor of the FNCC) to investigate a report of property damage and theft of a sign.  The directional sign was made of metal and attached to the ceiling tile outside of the men’s washroom. An unknown male was seen on video surveillance pulling off sign, causing the ceiling tile to fall on the floor.  Two unknown females were seen with him, exiting through the Dr. Alvin Woods building carrying the sign. The sign was recovered by custodial staff.  The investigation remains open and further video footage has been obtained in an effort to identify the culprits.
Suspect Descriptors:
Male, Caucasian, early twenties, 6’, medium build, clean shaven, short black hair, wearing a black waist length jacket, black pants and footwear.Two females, late teens, Caucasian, 5’6”, medium build, wearing black ¾ length coats (One with white fur trim), black leggings and footwear

Unwanted Person
Location:  Fred Nichols Campus Centre
Reported:  Saturday, Feb. 23, 2013, 9:20 a.m.
A SCS officer on foot patrol encountered a male sleeping on a couch on the 2nd floor in the 24 Lounge.  He was identified as a 34 year old local resident (non student).  Having no legitimate business on campus, he was ordered off the property and sent on his way.

Property Damage:
Location:  Residence
Reported: Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013, 10:06 p.m.
One of the Dons in the student residence returning to campus after Reading Week discovered that person(s) unknown had jammed an unknown glue like substance into the door lock of her residence room.  This occurred sometime between Feb. 15 to the reporting date.  Physical Resources attended for repairs.  There are no suspects.

Unwanted Person:
Location:  Residence
Reported:  Friday, Feb. 22, 2013, 9:50 p.m.
While on mobile patrol, SCS Officers observed a male walking through the underground parking garage near vehicles.  The male did not appear to be a student; therefore the Officers stopped and requested identification from him.  He identified himself with an Ontario Health Card.  He stated he was looking through dumpsters for metal or copper. The male was requested to leave the property as he had no known business pertaining to WLU.  He was verbally trespassed from any W.L.U. properties.

Theft Under $5000
Location:  Residence
Reported:  Sunday, February 24, 2013 @ 12:25 am
SCS Officers responded to Residence to a report of a Resident student’s keys taken from his room door.  He was in his room at the time, and had left his keys in the lock.  A male resident living on the same floor is suspect in this theft and will be dealt with by S.C.S. once located. When SCS Officers walked through the Residence to go and speak with the complainant, they observed several marks of graffiti in black magic marker written in the halls, doorways, and elevator.  The graffiti was vulgar in nature and several of the incidents had the words in reference to the student whom had his keys stolen from his door.   CCTV video footage was reviewed and captured the male(s) responsible for the graffiti.  A locksmith was called in to change the lock on the door as the complainant was fearful for his safety and had barricaded himself in his room with furniture.  Custodial staff was called to clean the graffiti after photos were taken. This incident is still under investigation and will be dealt with by S.C.S.

Theft Under $5000:
Location:  Library
Reported: Sunday, February 24, 2013 @ 10:49 pm
SCS is investigating the theft of a laptop computer from the 6th floor of the Library during the late evening hours.  The complainant had left his study area momentarily with his personal effects unattended and upon his return discovered that his silver colored ‘Apple’ MacBook Air had been stolen.  A male sitting next to him prior to the theft had disappeared upon his return and is strongly suspected of being responsible.
Suspect Descriptors:
Male, Oriental, early twenties, 6’, slim build, short black hair, clean shaven, wearing blue jeans, grey waist length jacket, black hoodie underneath, light brown short boots and wearing a black backpack with red spots.

-Reports Courtesy of WLU Special Constables