Bag O’ Crime: April 13

Injured/Sick Person

Location: John Aird Centre

Reported: April 4, 2011 @ 3:10 p.m.

SCS officers and EMS personnel attended to the a/m location in response to a call for medical assistance. A 19-year-old female student was complaining of not feeling well after having taken an excessive amount of medication to relieve a headache. She was assessed by EMS and transported to Grand River Hospital for treatment and observation.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Residence

Reported: April 4, 2011 @ 1:39 p.m.

SCS officers and a Residence Life staff member attended to the student residence in response to a call for medical assistance. They dealt with an 18-year-old male student that had been vomiting all day. He refused any assistance as well as medical and was left in the care of a friend who stated that he would take him to Health Services to get checked out.

MVC-H and R

Location: Parking Lot #32

Reported: April 4, 2011 @ 7:10 p.m.

A complaint was reported to SCS about a possible hit and run motor vehicle collision. After a thorough investigation by a SCS officer it was determined that the reported damage (damage to front bumper) was found to be old existing from a previous incident. The complaint was deemed to be unfounded.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: Parking Lot #14

Reported: April 5, 2011 @ 1:16 p.m.

A SCS officer attended to the parking lot by the Seminary in response to a call for medical assistance. A female had sustained a knee injury as a result of falling down on one knee. This fall aggravated her knee from previous knee surgery. She was taken to Health Services for further assessment and treatment.

Property Damage

Location: 202 Regina St.

Reported: April 5, 2011 @ 3:36 p.m.

SCS Dispatch Centre received a complaint of two individuals damaging a wall next to the entrance to the Accounts Payroll offices. The incident was captured on CCTV cameras. SCS officers attended and through their investigation they located a 17 and 18-year-male student. It was determined that the damage was not intentional but had been caused by one male pushing the other one against the wall, creating a large hole in the drywall. Restitution will be made for repairs by both responsible parties.

Property Damage

Location: Residence

Reported: April 5, 2011 @ 8:38 p.m.

A Residence Life staff member called the SCS Dispatch Centre reporting some property damage. SCS attended and discovered that person(s) unknown had broken a window in one of the exterior entrance doors to the student residence.

Drugs

Location: Northdale Campus

Reported: April 5, 2011 @ 10:32 p.m.

SCS officers on mobile patrol came across two males acting suspiciously outside by the entranceway to Northdale campus. It was determined that they had been smoking marihuana. A small amount of marihuana and some drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction. Two 18-year-old male students will be dealt with by the Judicial Affairs Council for the narcotics infraction.

Drugs

Location: 65 Lodge St.

Reported: April 5, 2011 @ 11:32 p.m.

SCS officers on mobile patrol came across two males acting suspiciously at the rear of 65 Lodge St. It was discovered that they were in possession of a small amount of marihuana and some drug paraphernalia. These items were all seized for destruction. Two 18-year-old male students will be dealt with by the Judicial Affairs Council for the narcotics infraction.

Graffiti

Location: 65 Lodge Street

Reported: April 07, 2011 @ 4:00 a.m.

SCS officers while on mobile patrol observed a recent painted graffiti at the rear of 65 Lodge Street. The graffiti was large, covering half of the rear side of the building. The markings stated “ uncompleted white failed” in black lettering, and “FADE” in large blue and black paint. The paint was still wet to the touch, and photos were taken for the report. The officers had completed an early premise check of the building at approximately 11:18 p.m. SCS officers patrolled the area for suspects with negative results.

Assist Other Service

Location: Royal Bank – rear parking lot

Reported: April 07, 2011 @ 1:34 a.m.

While on mobile patrol, SCS officers observed an intoxicated group, two females and one male were shouting, arguing and pushing each other. The group was off campus, but the situation appeared to be escalating, and Waterloo Regional Police were notified. SCS officers stood by and kept the peace until WRPS could attend. The group went back into Phil’s night club prior to WRPS arrival. The group was identified by SCS officers for WRPS officers to continue with the investigation.

Privately Towed Vehicle

Location: Lot 3A

Reported: April 07, 2011 @ 8:50 a.m.

SCS officer attended to Lot 3A to assist with Parking Services tow of a motor vehicle for unpaid parking fines. Active Towing was dispatched, and the tow was completed without incident.

Theft Under $5,000

Location: Library – bike rack

Reported: April 07, 2011 @ 3:50 p.m.

SCS officers received a complaint from a female student advising that her bike was stolen from the bike rack at the front of the Library. The bike was locked, and the lock was found a short distance from the bike rack. The victim was unable to provide a make or model of bike, but advised that the value of the bike was approximately $700.00. No suspects have been identified at the time of this report.

Theft Under $5,000

Location: Theatre Auditorium

Reported: April 8, 2011 @ 10:10 p.m.

A student writing an exam in the T/A from 6:30 – 9:30 pm had his iPhone stolen. He had requested to use the washroom facilities and before leaving the auditorium one of the proctors had asked him to leave his iPhone (which had been in his pocket) in a box sitting on the stage. He could claim it again at the end of the exam. When the exam was over he went to retrieve his property and discovered his property was missing. Person(s) unknown had reached in and taken it on their way out. A report has been filed with SCS. There are no suspects.

Theft Under $5,000

Location: Theatre Auditorium

Reported: April 8, 2011 @ 10:10 p.m.

A student writing an exam in the T/A from 6:30 – 9:30 pm had his blackberry stolen out of his backpack. At the start of the exam he had placed his backpack at the front of the auditorium along with everyone else’s coats and backpacks. He had left his blackberry in an outer zipper pocket and discovered it missing when he went to retrieve his property at the end of the exam. A report has been filed with SCS. There are no suspects.

Intoxicated Person

Location: Residence

Reported: April 9, 2011 @ 12:16 a.m.

SCS and ERT attended to the student residence in response to an intoxicated female that had fallen in the elevator and struck her head. She did not require any medical attention. She was taken to her room to sober up.

Theft Under $5,000

Location: Library

Reported: April 9, 2011 @ 4:16 a.m.

SCS is investigating the theft of a student’s purse from the fourth floor of the Library. The property had been left unattended for a short period of time in a study area and upon her return person(s) unknown had walked off with the victim’s purse. CCTV camera footage will be reviewed for possible suspects. A laptop computer had been left untouched. SCS is once again reminding students not to leave their valuables unattended for any period of time in any area of the campus where they are studying. At this time of year there is always a spike in these kinds of thefts.

Unwanted Contact

Location: On campus

Reported: April 09, 2011 @ 11:16 a.m.

An 18-year-old female student contacted SCS in relation to a former male friend who keeps contacting her via text messaging and anonymous cell phone messages. This individual has already been contacted on a previous occasion to cease and desist with his unwanted contact. The complainant wants to end the relationship. The matter is under investigation by SCS.

Drugs

Location: Student Services Building

Reported: April 09, 2011 @ 4:30 p.m.

A found wallet that was turned in to the SCS Dispatch Centre contained the usual identification but also a small amount of marihuana. The owner was contacted to claim the wallet minus the marihuana which was seized for destruction.

Sick/Injured Person

Location: Student Services Building

Reported: April 10, 2011 @ 3:20 p.m.

Constables responded to a student suffering from a seizure in the dining hall. The student recovered, was treated and declined further medical attention.

Sick / Injured Person

Location: 232 King St.

Reported: April 10, 2011 @ 9:28 p.m.

SCS Constables along with ERT responded to and treated a student suffering from a sprained ankle.

Suspicious Person

Location: 65 Lodge St.
Reported: April 10, 2011 @ 11:26 p.m.

While on patrol, SCS Constables found two males scavenging through a garbage dumpster behind 65 Lodge St. The males were identified then allowed to leave once they had returned items taken from the bin.