AIESEC Laurier brings WLU to global stage

It was a proud moment in Association Internationale des Étudiants en Sciences Économiques et Commerciales — International Association of Students in Economics and Business — (AIESEC) Laurier history, as 27 delegates returned from the National Leadership Development Conference in Ottawa to debrief over the weekend.

Considered one of the most spirited local committees, and a top committee in attendance, AIESEC Laurier proudly brought home more than just smiles and memories.

AIESEC Laurier has gone from being disbanded from 1995 until 2005, and having only sent 4 delegates last year, to being a top committee with 27 delegates and contributing incredible Laurier Spirit. In a debriefing session on Saturday, AIESEC Laurier demonstrated cheers in both official languages.
“Companies look to AIESEC as an organisation that builds leadership and leaders. We all go on to do great things,” AIESEC member Krista Boniface said, emphasizing that leadership is what ultimately drives success.
AIESEC offers global leadership internships for students of all backgrounds, connecting them with key players in different industries.

“It’s not just business students, these are passionate people who share your passion,” Boniface said.

In addition to providing over 9,300 leadership positions and delivering over 470 conferences to a membership of over 50,000 students, AIESEC also runs an exchange program that enables over 10,000 students and recent graduates the opportunity to live and work in another country.
AIESEC Laurier is aiming to take away the most improved committee prize at their next conference.