You know what yanks my Cord…

…traffic jams at Laurier. Since when is it okay to walk into someone, not apologize and keep going?

I have been bumped, collided into and delayed, and the problem is escalating.
There is a reason why you aren’t allowed to use your cell phone behind the wheel of a car: this same logic is transferrable to walking.

Not paying attention? Well, you’re going to run into people: professors and fellow students, both of whom don’t exactly enjoy the inconsiderate knock they receive when you not-so-gracefully manoeuvre your way around campus.

Whatever happened to good manners? Thanking someone for opening a door for you or holding the door, apologizing when you bump into someone or accidentally step on their foot, or even saying “excuse me,” when you have to squeeze through the crowded Arts E Wing to get to your next class or to get off campus.

I know most of us are rushing around in between classes, but I’m sorry, I have lost my patience for excuses; we’re way off in our own little worlds and we’re failing to pay attention to our surroundings.

Walking slowly; stopping in the middle of a busy walkway (St. Mike’s crosswalk?) and generally causing inconvenience for others is not conducive to a positive atmosphere.

There is only so much space on this campus; quit taking up valuable room by loitering in main traffic areas.

Realizing you’re not the only person on this campus would help, as we all have places to get to and people to meet, and we’d all appreciate it if you shared the space.

While standing around waiting for your classroom to empty, how about letting others walk through the hallway?

When in a building with an elevator, how about not taking it to the second floor?

And when you walk anywhere, including up the stairs, for goodness sakes don’t walk against the flow of people.

—Marcie Foster