U Sports National Curling Championships update: back-to-back losses on day three

Heading into day three of the U Sports National Curling Championships, the Hawks were 2-1 and looking to continue their momentum from Sunday night as they prepared to face The University of Prince Edward Island on Monday afternoon and Queen’s last night.

Heading into day three of the U Sports National Curling Championships, the Hawks were 2-1 and looking to continue their momentum from Sunday night as they prepared to face The University of Prince Edward Island on Monday afternoon and Queen’s last night.

The Hawks struggled in the first match as they fell behind early and were unable to gain any momentum throughout the game and even giving up four points in one end.

The Hawks eventually lost the match against PEI in a final score of 9-6 and their record went back to even at 2-2.

Heading into the final match, five teams had n identical record of 2-2 and this made the evening games even more important.

Looking to get back on track against Queen’s, the Hawks and the Gaels hit the ice at 7:00 p.m. for an all OUA match up.

This draw didn’t start any better for the Hawks as they went down 2-0 after the first end.

Things continued to spiral out of control as the Hawks were trailing 5-1 through 6 ends of play.

The Hawks managed to get two back and get within two of the Gaels with only two ends remaining, but that as far as they would make after shaking in the ninth end trailing 10-3.

In what was a disappointing day for the Hawks, they’ll have to regroup for today as they hold a losing record of 2-3 through four days at nationals.

Next up the Hawks will play Alberta and Regina in hopes of salvaging a spot in Wednesday’s playoff draws.