Oct. 21, 2009

By-law complaint; Date: Oct. 12, 2009 @ 1:13 a.m.;
Location: North side driveway at 232 King St. N.

A SCS officer on mobile patrol issued a Provincial Offence Notice to a 20 year old male (Waterloo resident – non student) for a public urination offence.

Property damage;
Date: Oct. 12, 2009 @ 1:50 a.m.;
Location: Parking Lot #7

A SCS officer on mobile patrol discovered some property damage at the above mentioned location. A 10” young tree had been snapped off at the base.
SCS is investigating.

Theft under $5,000; Date: Oct. 13, 2009 @ 10:43 a.m.; Location: St. Michael’s Campus, Parking Lot #32
SCS officers are investigating the theft of four construction signs that were stolen at the rear of St. Michael’s Campus. The signs are the property of a contractor doing construction work on the site. Total loss $600.00.

Drugs;
Date: Oct. 14, 2009 @ 12:04 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS received a complaint of drug usage in one of the student’s rooms. SCS officers attended and confiscated a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. No charges were laid. An 18 year old male student is being dealt with by Residence Life for the infraction.

Security alarm;
Date: Oct. 15, 2009 @ 7:51 a.m.;
Location: Centre Spot, F.N.C.C.

A SCS officer attended to the above mentioned location in response to a security alarm. A staff member was located on the premises in the process of opening up for the day. Unknown what triggered the alarm.

Security alarm;
Date: Oct. 15, 2009 @ 7:51 a.m.;
Location: Student Union, F.N.C.C.

A SCS officer attended to the above mentioned location in response to a security alarm. A staff member was located on the premises and all was in order. The alarm panel was shown to be defective.

Intoxicated person;
Date: Oct. 15, 2009 @ 8:50 p.m.;
Location: University Stadium

During a local high school football game being held at the stadium, SCS officers dealt with a 15 year old intoxicated female. She was turned over to Waterloo Regional Police and further dealt with by them.

Theft under $5,000; Date: Oct. 15, 2009 @ 9:20 p.m.;
Location: Library, 7th floor

SCS officers are investigating the theft of a BlackBerry at the above mentioned location. The BlackBerry had been left unattended momentarily while the owner (WLU student) had gone to pick out a book from a shelf. Two suspects were seen in the nearby vicinity. Matter under investigation by SCS.

Suspicious person;
Date: Oct. 16, 2009 @ 12:19 a.m.;
Location: John Aird Centre, 3rd floor

SCS officers responded to the above mentioned location regarding the suspicious actions of an older male. A 32 year-old Waterloo resident was located and escorted out of the building. All appeared to be in order.

Liquor offence;
Date: Oct. 16, 2009 @ 11:15 p.m.;
Location: Residence

The SCS Dispatch Centre received a complaint of several people drinking alcohol near the main entrance to a residence. SCS responded and a 19-year old WLU student will be dealt with by the J.A.C. for an alcohol infraction. Two other people (non-students) were sent on their way.

Injured/sick person;
Date: Oct. 16, 2009 11:57 p.m.;
Location: Residence

The SCS Dispatch Centre received a call of a student having breathing problems. SCS and ERT responded. The student’s medical condition was compounded by her consumption of alcohol. She was treated by ERT on scene and left in the care of her don.

Intoxicated person;
Date: Oct. 17, 2009 12:40 a.m.;
Location: Residence

A SCS officer and ERT responded to a report of an intoxicated male in one of the washrooms at a residence. He was taken to his room to sleep off the effects of excessive alcohol consumption. He will be dealt with by the J.A.C. for alcohol infractions.

Assault;
Date: Oct. 17, 2009 1:49 a.m.;
Location: Residence

A duty Don at the location in an attempt to evict several loud and boisterous guests from a room where alcohol was being consumed was pushed by one of the guests.
SCS responded and the responsible party was evicted. No charges were laid. A 19- year old male WLU student will be dealt with by the J.A.C.

Drugs;
Date: Oct. 17, 2009 @ 1:39 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS officers responded to a residence in response to a student being in possession of a narcotic. A 19-year old male was found to be in possession of a small quantity of marihuana. This infraction will be dealt with by Residence Life.

Security alarm;
Date: Oct. 17, 2009 @ 3:08 a.m.;
Location: Terrace Food Court

A motion alarm was activated at the above mentioned location. SCS responded and found the premises to be secure. The alarm was reset. All in order on departure.

Alarm;
Date: Oct. 17, 2009 @ 4:05 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS and the Waterloo Fire Dept. attended to a report of a heat sensor having been activated in a residence. The cause of the alarm was unknown and the alarm was reset.

Intoxicated person;
Date: Oct. 17, 2009 @ 4:19 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS and ERT responded to a call of an intoxicated female in her room at the above mentioned location. She had failed to leave her room during a fire alarm just 15 minutes earlier. Her condition was checked and she was left in her room to sleep off the effects of excessive alcohol consumption.

Injured/sick person;
Date: Oct. 17, 2009 @ 10:07 p.m.
Location: Residence

SCS and ERT responded to a call of male student that had cut his finger. He was treated by ERT on scene and required no further medical attention.

Security alarm;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 2:19 a.m.;
Location: Laurier Bookstore

A burglary alarm was received at the above mentioned location. SCS officers attended and found the premises to be secure. The alarm was disarmed and reset. No suspects.

Assault;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 1:53 a.m.;
Location: Spruce St. between 325 Spruce St residence & 345 King St. N. residence

SCS Dispatch Centre received a report of an assault that had occurred at the above mentioned location. The victim (WLU student) had been assaulted by four unknown males on the street. A plate number and vehicle description were obtained. ERT responded and treated the victim for a bump on the head and leg laceration.
SCS responded and determined that the assault had occurred off campus. Case turned over to W.R.P.S.

Fire alarm;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 2:18 a.m.;
Location: Outside of Toyota Solarium

SCS is investigating a fire alarm pull that was intentionally activated in the Arts Building E-Wing ground floor. There was no fire. No suspects. The fire alarm was reset.

Injured/sick person;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 2:17 a.m.;
Location: Turret Night Club

A female patron at the above mentioned location requested medical assistance regarding a contact lens that had rolled behind her eye. SCS and ERT responded. Assistance rendered.

Fire alarm;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 3:35 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS and the Waterloo Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at the above mentioned location. A fire alarm pull station had been intentionally activated in the underground garage. There was no fire. The building was temporarily evacuated until the alarm was cleared. SCS is investigating.

Property damage;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 5:52 a.m.;
Location: Information Kiosk, Mid Campus Drive

A Physical Resource called the SCS Dispatch Centre reporting damage at the above mentioned location. SCS responded and discovered that a rock had been thrown through the double plate glass window of the kiosk on the south side. Suspects caught on CCTV camera footage. SCS is investigating.

Property damage;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 6:23 a.m.;
Location: Residence

A SCS officer while attending another call at this location discovered a broken window in one of the entrance doors leading into the student residence. Physical Resources was notified to repair the damage.

Theft under $5,000.00;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 1:23 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS is investigating the theft of some liquor, an ipod and a camera from a students residence at the above mentioned location. The theft occurred when a large party had been taken place.

Intoxicated Person;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 3:57 a.m.;
Location: Parking Lot #6

SCS officers on mobile patrol came across a 19-year-old intoxicated male student passed out in the parking lot. He was taken home to his residence.

Intoxicated person;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 1:43 a.m.
Location: Turret Night Club

SCS, ERT and EMS responded to a report of an unconscious female in the woman’s washroom. She was transported to Grand River Hospital for excessive alcohol consumption.

Property damage;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 1:48 a.m.
Location: Grad Pub, Woman’s washroom – Student Services Building

SCS is investigating a report of property damage at the above mentioned location. A mirror had been removed from the wall, a glass window broken in a door and feces smeared on the wall in the form of a derogatory word.

Unwanted person;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 2:19 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS responded to the above mentioned location regarding three males being a nuisance in the front foyer. The males (non-students) had been visiting a friend and had left their coats in her room. Their property was retrieved and they were sent on their way.

Drugs;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 2:02 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS responded to a call of drug usage at the above mentioned location. A small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia was seized. A female student will be dealt with by Residence Life for the infraction.

Disturbance; Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 12:08 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS officers responded to a disturbance in front of the above mentioned location involving approx 14 youths. All the parties were dispersed. No complaint of assault. Quiet on departure.

Intoxicated person;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 12:26 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS and ERT responded to the above mentioned location regarding an intoxicated female in her room. She was tended to by ERT and left in the care of her friends duty don in order to sleep off the effects of excessive alcohol consumption.

Disturbance; Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 2:30 a.m.;
Location: Terrace Food Court

SCS officers responded to the above mentioned location regarding a large group of males that were causing a disturbance. The officers were able to disperse the crowd. No complaints of assault. Quiet on departure.

Assault;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 12:46 a.m.;
Location: Turret Night Club

SCS officers responded to the above mentioned location regarding a complaint of an assault. The male victim (non-student) had been assaulted by two unknown male assailants that had fled the scene. He sustained a cut to his nose. He refused medical attention and did not want to pursue any charges. He was escorted off the property.

Property damage;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 6:06 a.m.;
Location: John Aird Centre, 1st floor

A SCS officer on foot patrol discovered that the wall clock beside the Recital Hall had been ripped off the wall. No suspects.

Theft under $5,000.00;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 10:20 p.m.;
Location: Arts Building C-Wing

A staff member from physical resources called the dispatch centre regarding a theft. A SCS officer responded and discovered the theft of a fire extinguisher from a fire hose cabinet in the south corridor. Matter under investigation.

Fraud;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 7:50 p.m.;
Location: On Campus

A female student reported the loss of her OneCard and upon cancelling it discovered that it had been fraudulently used on five occasions at various locations across campus. The matter is under investigation by SCS.

Injured/sick person;
Date: Oct. 18, 2009 @ 10:03 p.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS and ERT responded to a call of a student having injured himself at the above mentioned location. He had struck his head on a shelf and was bleeding. He was treated on scene by ERT for a laceration and bump on his head.