The Graphics Editor is required to show creativity and talent in producing illustrations, graphics and infographics to compliment coverage in The Cord. They must have leadership skills to manage a team of volunteers and show a strong sense of time management. Candidates for this position must:
- Assist in recruiting and training volunteers;
- Contribute at least one editorial per year;
- Receive graphics requests from section editors; collaborate with the editors and Creative Director to come up with an idea for conveying an appropriate image;
- Hold weekly section meetings with volunteers and distribute requests;
- Provide feedback weekly to volunteers;
- Receive graphics from volunteers and submit them to section editors;
- Ensure all graphics are edited for online and print;
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Web Director, Online Editor and section editors to produce online-exclusive graphics and infographics;
- Produce the Editorial cartoon or ensure a volunteer is available to draw it on a Monday or Tuesday evening;
- When using social media in regards to The Cord or WLUSP, the editor is expected to conduct themselves in a respectful and professional manner.
- Attend Editorial Board Meetings once a week.
Applicants are required to provide any two (2) relevant pieces of sample work.