Five things a sports fan must do during their time at Laurier

Play intramurals

Whether it’s indoor soccer, flag football or dodgeball, playing intramural sports is not only a way to stay in shape, but it can also be a way to get your mind off of essays and mid-terms (for an hour a week, at least).

Go to the homecoming football game

Get drunk the night before. Get drunk the night of. Hell, get drunk the morning of. Just make sure you make it to University Stadium for Laurier’s homecoming football game, and join in the electric atmosphere.

Hate Western

Whether it’s wearing a “Wuck Festern” t-shirt, chanting offensive things at their cheerleaders, or making the trek to a Hawks-Mustangs football game decked out in Laurier gear, do whatever you can to show your disdain for our rivals from London. Hey purple and gold beats the hell out of purple and silver doesn’t it?

Use facilities

Want to avoid the freshman 15? Everything you need to do so is right on campus. Work out at the gym, swim at the pool, throw a Frisbee around on Alumni Field (hey, in first-year you’re allowed to be a cliché), just get out of your room and get some exercise. You’re paying for these things anyway, might as well get your money’s worth.

Support your Hawks

There are hundreds of truly elite athletes at this school and too often do they play in front of crowds that are largely made up of their parents and siblings. Laurier’s teams deserve your support, so why not take a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon to take in a game of hockey, soccer, basketball, or volleyball?