Dear Life: March 13

(Graphic by Adele Palmquist).
(Graphic by Adele Palmquist).

Dear Life,
The Tim Horton’s line up in the Science Building sure is long, but it’s all worth it when I see my favourite cashier Bernarda at the counter. Not only does she make the best hot drinks but she is also the sweetest lady in the world!
Sincerely,
Worth the wait

Dear Life,
An ode to hangovers,
I poison myself for merry good times,
blurring my nights into dead & divine
I woke up in bed, an ache in my head
thumbing through memories feigned.
body in pieces, moral shot to shit,
the fetal position fits just like a mitt
the pain is destructive, the toilet a friend
This is it. This is my imminent end.
Eventually better, the drama comes clean
You wanna go out tonight?
I’ll take one for the team!
Sincerely,
happy birthday tim!!

Dear Life,
Your sign says ”Open at 11am’, so why don’t you, Mr. Sub?
Sincerely,
Where’s your manager?

Dear Life,
The geese are back.
We are all going to die.
Sincerely,
Spring

Dear Life,
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Sincerely,
I hate Daylight Savings, but only in spring

Dear Life,
I laughed at last week’s ”Ode to Whiskey Dick’ more than I should have. I miss the funny Dear Life posts.
Sincerely,
We all need a good laugh

Dear Life,
Service Laurier has a webcam to see how busy they are. But I think more people would find Tim Horton’s webcam useful. Fight for change!
Sincerely,
Sick of the Long Timmy’s Lineups

Dear Life,
While having a medical response team on campus is a great idea, they seem to not respond to much in the ways of medical calls anymore.  Maybe WLUSU can get out of debt by cutting the ample ERT budget.
Sincerely,
Does ERT Even go to calls anymore!???

Dear Life,
I will never understand what’s so hard about locking a door. Come on guys, it takes two seconds.
Sincerely,
Frustrated

Dear I’m trying to talk to you, are you even listening?
While it may seem as though no one at Laurier wants to listen, I can assure you that you do not have to go it alone. There are many resources on campus that have helped me through some difficult times. Counseling services, Adrienne Luft (mental health/student support team leader, aluft@wlu.ca), or the Dean of Students (alawrence@wlu.ca) are just some of the resources that you can seek guidance from. Don’t suffer in silence.
Sincerely,
A concerned fellow student who wants you to be heard

Dear Life,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               I hope this freezing cold weather stays until Sunday (St.Patty’s). In fact, I hope it gets worse!                                                                                                                Sincerely,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Scared resident of house on Ezra

Want to submit a Dear Life? Send an e-mail to dearlife@thecord.ca or click here to submit through our website.