A new structure for WLUSU management

On Dec. 22, the Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union announced changes that will be made to their management structure over the next several months. The new structure was developed in consideration with the results of market research that took place last year.

WLUSU intends to put a greater focus on advocacy while making campus event programming a secondary commitment to better reflect the needs of students. Creating more opportunities for engagement and leadership was also part of the feedback the union received from undergraduate students through a market research initiative that took place over the course of the 2009-2010 academic year. The changes will be fully implemented in May.

Some of the changes include the creation of vice president: campus clubs and faculty associations, vice president: programming and the former position of assistant vice-president: first year experience will be replaced by the director of orientation.

The vice president: programming will oversee a new programming department which will also be supported by a new manager position.

More details on the union’s new structure will be available in the first winter semester edition of The Cord, on stands Jan. 6.