Laurier announces plan for fall 2021 course delivery

In an email sent to Laurier students on Jan. 28, Laurier’s VP academic office announced the plan for fall 2021 course delivery.

The university is planning and preparing for a return to campus and to offer as many undergraduate and graduate courses in person as possible, within the guidelines of public health. 

“We recognize the challenges that all members of the Wilfrid Laurier University community have faced over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic and with the uncertainty of the past few months. Our faculty, staff and students have continued to adapt to evolving circumstances as we adhere to public health guidelines,” the statement read. 

The university is also planning for residence buildings to remain open and operational, within the provincial regulations in the fall.

“As we plan for Fall 2021, we anticipate that a number of existing public health restrictions may remain in place, such as mandatory mask orders, limitations on gatherings and physical distancing requirements. These requirements may limit Laurier’s ability to offer certain kinds of courses, especially very large ones, on our campuses,” the statement continued. 

“COVID-19 will remain part of our lives for some time, and precautions will still be necessary. However, the news of the vaccines is encouraging. As the vaccine continues to roll out across the province, there is room for hope and optimism that our lives will start getting back to a place where we can be in person again.”

This announcement comes after the VP academic’s statement on Jan. 20 that the spring, intersession and summer 2021 terms would be taking place primarily through remote and online learning, where possible.

Updates to come.