Finding your place: exploring extracurricular opportunities at Laurier’s club fairĀ 

Photo by Darien Funk

Embarking on the transformative journey of academics involves more than just attending classes and studying within the confines of a classroom. It’s about immersing oneself in a vibrant and diverse community that encourages personal growth, skill development and lifelong friendships.  

One great way to not only meet new students with similar interests, but also to build experience and learn about topics that interest you is to join a club or student organization. 

Laurier’s Club Fair ā€“ also known as the Get Involved Fair ā€“ is an event designed to reveal a plethora of student clubs and organizations eager to ignite passions, cultivate talents and create unforgettable experiences.  

The fair takes place on Sept. 8 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Quad (just outside the cafeteria).  

At the fair, students will find tables where leaders and representatives of various clubs congregate, allowing students to sign up and learn more about student organizations. 

Clubs offered at the Waterloo branch range from a Poker Club to Robotics, as well as groups and ā€˜societiesā€™ representing students within designated majors (such as Arts Undergraduate Society, Association of Political Science Students and Lazaridis Students’ Society). 

Student clubs are at the heart of any vibrant university campus, and Laurier is no exception.  

Beyond the lecture halls and textbooks, these clubs offer an essential way for students to connect, explore their interests and make lasting memories. Joining a club isn’t just about filling free time; it’s a chance to develop leadership skills and gain practical experience.  

To learn more about clubs available to join at Laurier, check the student union portal; and for more about the club fair (and other O-Week activities), check the official orientation website