Feb. 10, 2010

Drugs; Date: Feb. 1, 2010 @ 10:30 a.m.;
Location: WLUSU – Fred Nichols Campus Centre
Some found property was turned into the Dispatch Centre. Amongst the property was a black bag containing a silver tin with several marijana cigarettes. The narcotics were taken to W.R.P.S. Div. #3 for destruction.

Injured/Sick person;
Date: Feb 1, 2010 @ 12:20 p.m.;
Location: Bricker Academic Building

A female student was reported to be having a seizure and upon the arrival of SCS officers she had recovered and declined any medical assistance. She was escorted to her residence and left in the care of a roommate.

Unknown Call Requiring Police;
Date: Feb. 1, 2010 @ 3:18 p.m.;
Location: Bricker Academic Building, Kinesiology Wing

A staff member found the entrance door leading into the kinesiology insecure and propped open with a chair. Inner offices were all secure. Faculty members reminded as to proper security measures.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: Feb 1, 2010 @ 9:56 p.m.;
Location: Arts Building E-Wing

A 22 year old female student sprained her ankle while going down the stairs. SCS officers and ERT responded. She was taken to Grand River Hospital by a family member.

Unwanted Person;
Date: Feb. 2, 2010 @ 12:10 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS officers evicted two male parties (one a WLU student and one non-student) from the residence at the request of the building RLAC for their disruptive behaviour. They were both warned under The Trespass To Property Act.

Drugs;
Date: Feb. 2, 2010 @ 12:10 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS officers seized some drug paraphernalia in a vacant room that had been located by the building RLAC. This room had previously been occupied by a student who has since been evicted from the residence. The paraphernalia has been destroyed.

Alarm;
Date: Feb. 2, 2010 @ 2:18 p.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS officers and units from the Waterloo Fire Department attended to the residence in response to an activated fire alarm. A smoke detector inside the building had been activated. There was no smoke or fire. It’s unknown what actually set off the alarm.

Theft Under $5,000.00;
Date: Feb. 2, 2010 @ 3:00 p.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS officers responded to the residence to investigate the theft of a sweater and a OneCard. The victim had been visiting some friends when the theft occurred. SCS is investigating the matter.

Missing Person;
Date: Feb 2, 2010 @ 10:00 a.m.;
Location: Residence

One of the R.L.A.C.s called SCS to investigate the disappearance of a male student whom had not been seen for the past two weeks. It was learned that the student had returned home regarding a death in the family.

Property Damage;
Date: Feb. 2, 2010 @ 5:35 p.m.;
Location: Arts Building A-Wing

A fire extinguisher had been discharged in the hallway leaving powder all over the floor. There are no suspects and the extinguisher was taken to Physical Resources to be re-charged.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: Feb. 2, 2010 @ 6:22 p.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS officers and ERT responded to a report of a female student complaining of sharp abdominal pains. She was treated by ERT and taken to Grand River Hospital by a friend for further treatment

Theft Under $5,000.00;
Date: Feb. 2, 2010 @ 8:10 p.m.;
Location: Residence

A duty don discovered a Coca Cola vending machine broken into. This incident is jointly being investigated by SCS and WRPS.

Alarm;
Date: Feb. 3, 2010 @ 11:31 p.m.;
Location: Student Services Building, Dining Hall

A fire alarm pull station was intentionally activated by person(s) unknown by the Exit door by Parking Lot#11. There was no fire or smoke. The system was re-set.

Dispute;
Date: Feb. 3, 2010 @ 7:30 a.m.;
Location: Residence

Two female students had a verbal altercation regarding a dispute about some personal belongings. SCS attended and turned the matter over to Residence Life to be dealt with by them.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: Feb. 3, 2010 @ 12:50 a.m.;
Location: Residence

A female student complained of neck and chest pains. SCS and ERT responded and after her condition was assessed by ERT she was transported to Grand River Hospital by ERT and a friend for further examination.

Alarm;
Date: Feb. 3, 2010 @ 3:58 p.m.;
Location: 202 Regina St.

SCS responded to a panic alarm in the business office. All in order on arrival. The alarm had gone off by itself.

Alarm;
Date: Feb. 3, 2010 @ 8:55 p.m.;
Location: St. Michael Campus, YMCA Daycare

An audible alarm was received at the a/m location. SCS officers responded and found an insecure interior door. Unknown cause of the alarm. Premises all appeared in order.

Drugs;
Date: Feb. 3, 2010 @ 10:20 p.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS officers responded to the King St. residence after a complaint was received about drug usage in one of the rooms. A small quantity of marijana and some drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction. The matter will be dealt with by Residence Life.

Drugs;
Date: Feb. 4, 2010 @ 1:19 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS officers attended to a student residence after a complaint had been received about a strong smell of drug usage coming from their room. No narcotics were located but drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: Feb. 4, 2010 @ 11:41 p.m.;
Location: Concourse

A male student was reported to be suffering from a seizure. SCS officers, Waterloo Fire Dept and EMS responded to the scene. The student was transported to Grand River Hospital for further treatment.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: Feb. 4, 2010 @ 10:48 p.m.;
Location: Residence

A report was received of a broken door window at the a/m location. SCS attended and discovered that an intoxicated 18-year-old male had kicked out a window and sustained a severe leg injury. ERT responded as well as EMS. The student was transported to Grand River Hospital for medical treatment. To be dealt with by Residence Life.

Drugs;
Date: Feb. 4, 2010 @ 11:32 p.m.;
Location: Residence

A SCS officer responded to a student residence after a complaint was received about the strong smell of drug usage coming from one of the rooms. The lone occupant admitted to having smoked marijana. Drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction. The matter to be dealt with through Residence Life.

Alarm;
Date: Feb. 5, 2010 @ 2:26 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS officers and the Waterloo Fire Department responded to a residence in response to a report of a fire alarm pull station that had been intentionally activated. There was no fire and two unknown male suspects were seen running from the scene.

Alarm;
Date: Feb. 5, 2010 @ 3:15 p.m.;
Location: 202 Regina St.

A SCS officer responded to a panic alarm at the business office. It was determined that the alarm was malfunctioning and had been activated as a result of a faulty system.

Unwanted Person;
Date: Feb. 5, 2010 @ 10:53 p.m.;
Location: Residence

A complaint was received about two non-students (males) running through the hallways. SCS officers responded and located the two individuals. They had been looking for their sister. They were both evicted from the premises.

Theft Under $5000;
Date: Feb. 6, 2010 @ 12:23 a.m.;
Location: Schlegel Centre

A SCS officer on mobile patrol came across four people at the intersection of University Avenue and Albert Street in possession of a floor cleaner/polisher unit. Further investigation revealed the unit had been removed from the Schlegel Centre by the foursome. This matter is under further investigation.

Intoxicated Person;
Date: Feb. 6, 2010 @ 1:16 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS officers dealt with an intoxicated male in the lobby of a residence. He was sent on his way with a verbal warning.

Drugs;
Date: Feb. 6, 2010 @ 2:00 a.m.;
Location: Residence

SCS officers responded to a call regarding possible drug usage in one of the rooms. Several occupants admitted to having smoked marijana off campus. No drugs were located in the room but some drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction.

Property Damage;
Date: Feb. 6, 2010 @ 3:32 a.m.;
Location: Frank C Peters Building

A SCS officer on foot patrol discovered a broken window next to an exit door on the first floor. The damage was intentional. There are no suspects.

Property Damage;
Date: Feb. 6, 2010 @ 3:24 a.m.;
Location: Arts Building E-Wing

SCS Dispatch received a report about some damage at the a/m location. SCS responded and discovered a damaged Exit sign suspended by a wire from the ceiling. There are no suspects.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: Feb. 6, 2010 @ 9:41 a.m.;
Location: University Stadium

A report was received about an injured female player during a Powder Puff Football tournament. SCS and ERT responded and the female was transported to Grand River Hospital with a suspected broken nose.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: Feb. 6, 2010 @ 10:30 a.m.;
Location: Residence

A report was received about a male student complaining of having chest pains. SCS, EMS, ET and the Waterloo Fire Department attended. He was medically assessed and treated but refused to be taken to Grand River Hospital for further examination.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: Feb. 6, 2010 @ 12:31 p.m.;
Location: University Stadium

A report was received about an injured female player during a Powder Puff Football tournament. SCS and ERT responded and the player was treated for a sprained left knee.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: Feb. 6, 2010 @ 3:41 p.m.;
Location: Student Services Building, Dispatch Centre

A male party (WLU. student) attended to the SCS Dispatch Centre requesting an ambulance as he was experiencing heart problems. SCS and EMS was dispatched and the subject was transported to Grand River Hospital for further examination.

Alarm;
Date: Feb. 6, 2010 @ 7:15 p.m.;
Location: The Bookstore

A SCS officer responded to the a/m location after a security alarm had been activated. The entire premise was checked with negative results. Cause of the alarm remains unknown.

Theft Under $5000;
Date: Feb. 6, 2010 @ 9:04 p.m.;
Location: Residence

A SCS officer responded to the a/m location to investigate a report of a vending machine have been entered in the laundry room. The machine had been forcibly opened but the coin dispenser was still in place. It’s possible the thief had been scared off. At the moment there are no suspects. The matter is under SCS investigation.

Unwanted Person;
Date: Feb. 7, 2010 @ 12:48 a.m.;
Location: Residence

A 19-year-old male (non-student) was evicted from residence as a result of having been found in possession of marijana. He was verbally trespassed from all WLU properties.

Drugs;
Date: Feb. 7, 2010 @ 12:15 a.m.;
Location: Residence

A SCS officer responded to the a/m location in response to one of the dons having located some marijana. He had encountered two males coming off the elevator with a strong smell of marijana on their clothes. One of the males (non-student) was found to be in possession of a small quantity of marijana. The other male will be dealt with by Residence Life.

Property Damage;
Date: Feb. 7, 2010 @ 3:32 a.m.;
Location: Residence

A call was received about a strong pungent odour coming from the foyer at the a/m location. A SCS officer attended and discovered that a plastic pen had been inserted on the heating core of the electrical base board and had melted. The burning plastic had caused the smell. A trades person from physical resources attended and disconnected the electrical power to the unit. The heating core will have to be replaced.

Property Damage;
Date: Feb. 7, 2010 @ 5:16 a.m.;
Location: Residence

A SCS officer discovered that two marker lights mounted on concrete poles (south entrance) had been damaged and were dangling in place by electrical wires. It appeared they had been kicked of their mounts. Physical resources was notified for repairs.

Property Damage;
Date: Feb. 7, 2010 @ 6:07 a.m.;
Location: Residence

A SCS officer discovered a section of drywall in the stairwell of the second floor was damaged as a result of being smashed in by a fire extinguisher. There are no suspects at the moment. Physical resources have notified for repairs. This matter is under investigation by SCS.

Alarm;
Date: Feb. 7, 2010 @ 4:36 a.m.;
Location: Bricker Residence

The Simplex Panel in the SCS Dispatch Centre received 10 different fire alarms coming from the seventh floor to the second floor within a span of two minutes. SCS officers responded and arrived on scene within a minute. It was discovered that a fire extinguisher had been removed from a fire cabinet on the seventh floor and the contents emptied out on every floor and in all of the floors in stairwell ‘A’. The building was evacuated and units from three different fire stations responded. Students were allowed back in when the building was ventilated. A trades person attended to replace all the smoke detectors and five janitorial staff were called in for cleaning purposes. This matter is under investigation by SCS.

Assault;
Date: Feb. 7, 2010 @ 2:21 a.m.;
Location: Residence

A complaint was received about an assault between two females that had occurred at the a/m location. SCS officers responded and learned that one of the females had been physically assaulted by the other. Both are WLU students and reside in the same building. This matter will be dealt with by Residence Life and the J.A.C.

Graffiti;
Date: Feb. 6, 2010 (early morning hours);
Location: Residence

In the early morning hours at the a/m location person(s) unknown targeted 15 different areas within the building on almost every floor where offensive, obscene, and derogatory and hate slogans were scrawled on walls and doors.
This matter is under investigation by SCS.

Alarm;
Date: Feb. 7, 2010 @ 4:25 p.m.;
Location: Frank C. Peters Building

SCS officers responded to a projector alarm in one of the classrooms. It was discovered that the alarm had been accidentally activated by someone tossing an eraser into the air.
No damage incurred and the alarm was re-set.

Graffiti;
Date: Feb. 7, 2010;

Location: Dr. Alvin Woods Building
A SCS officer on foot patrol discovered graffiti scribbled on a Hand Sanitization Awareness Poster on the first floor by the elevator. The graffiti consisted of obscene drawings. The poster was removed. No suspects.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: Feb. 7, 2010 @ 8:05 p.m.;
Location: The Library

A call was received from a male party requesting the assistance from ERT regarding a hand injury. A SCS officer and ERT responded to the library and located a male party suffering from what he believed was a dislocated knuckle. He had been involved in some “horseplay” with another male on Seagram Street. He was treated by ERT. Both parties are WLU students.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: Feb. 7, 2010 @ 9:05 p.m.;
Location: Residence

A call was received from a female student requesting the assistance from ERT regarding a burn injury that had occurred several days ago. She had accidentally scalded her legs with hot water and required a dressing for the blisters. SCS and ERT attended. She was treated by ERT and advised to attend Health Services in the morning.

Injured/Sick Person;
Date: Feb. 7, 2010 @ 11:50 p.m.;
Location: Residence

A call was received regarding a female student that was vomiting and not feeling well. SCS and ERT attended and she was assessed by ERT and put to bed in a stable condition. Alcohol was not a factor.