Dear Life: Nov. 16, 2011

Dear Laurier,

A million thanks to all the people who came out to cheer us on. Never have we ever felt like such champions.

Sincerely,

The greatest team to never win

Dear Second Floor Bricker Student,

Please remember to close your curtains next time you decide to get down and dirty with the lights on. Walking from my car to the library at night has never been so entertaining!

Sincerely,

Thanks for the peep show

Dear Life,

Wilfs events are still going on! Open mic, dynamic duo and everything are still happening! All upstairs at the Turret. More space, and more booze!
So come hang out!

Sincerely,

ALL Wilf’s Staff!

Dear class is now worth going to,

It’s nice to know that there are some classy girls that go to this university.

Sincerely,

A Classy Guy

Dear Life,

Thanks for shortening the only section in the Cord worth my time.

Sincerely,

The Cord’s viewership would increase tenfold if the whole thing was Dear Life

Dear Life,

I think I’m on the brink of a very important discovery for all of student-kind: It doesn’t matter how hard we work in our classes, we will continue to fall behind if we attempt to do everything. It doesn’t matter how much we try to appeal to that cute guy/girl, we will fall flat on our faces in the extraneous stress. Even just trying to be a good person when everything’s fallen apart around us will not go well, because the rest of the student populace is busy licking their own wounds, and pouring venom into others’. My discovery is that trying to overcome all of these obstacles with good grace and serenity is something that one does for themselves. No one will do it for us. It doesn’t make things easier, but it gives us something to look back on proudly.

Sincerely,

Hiding-beneath-Hope

Dear Life,

Fuck the IXpress 201 and fuck the GRT! What was wrong with the 12?

Sincerely,

Pissed bus-goer who is here 30 minutes earlier and always takes 1.5 hours to get home!

Dear Life,

Why is it that stupid things like Charlie Sheen and Nyan Cats gets so much attention but smart things like Death of the Author Reviews and the Scarlet Olive never recieve any attention?

Sincerely,

Unimpressed with today’s society

Dear Life,

Why can’t all professors pause class on Remembrance Day for a moment of silence? It’s a public and federal statutory holiday in Canada that we should observe. Those who serve and have served for our country deserve our thanks, recognition and remembrance.

Sincerely,

Even in Education We Should Remember

Dear Life,

Is it just me or are the chairs in the Concourse put together wrong?
The little table should be on the front leg, not the back one. Then it would actually be usable.

Plus, it can swing in a full circle, so it would retain its previous functionality.

Sincerely,

Picky

Dear Life,

Today (Nov. 10), I walked from 202 Regina to FNCC to Bricker. Saw over 100 people. Ten were wearing poppys.

Sincerely,

It costs a fucking quarter, show some support for your vets

Dear Life,

thatawkwardmomentwhen no one gives a shit about your @lauriermoments. Stop trying to be the next freakin’ anonymous twitter account to get thousands of followers. At least if you’re going to, be funny/ironic/or anything other than stupid. “Your clock says 9:50, the time on the wall says 9:45 #lauriermoments.” That not fucking funny, and has nothing to do with Laurier.

Sincerely,

twitterisformetostalkmyfriendandcelebritiesnotlistentoyourdumbshit