Bag o’ Crime: Oct. 13, 2011

Theft Under $5,000

Location: Residence

Reported: Oct. 3 at 4:25 p.m.

Residence staff reported that sometime between 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 30 and 7 a.m. on Oct. 2 person(s) unknown removed the “house phone” from the wall in the south lobby of a Residence. Camera footage of the area was reviewed but the area where the phone was located is blocked from view. No suspects.

Assault

Location: Residence

Reported: Oct. 3 at 4:25 p.m.

Special Constable Service received a report from residence staff that an unidentified male threw a water balloon at a duty Don inside the front entrance to a residence and then fled. Video footage was reviewed with negative results. There is no suspect description.

Fraud
Location: Residence

Reported: Oct. 3 at 3 p.m.

Special Constable Service received a report from residence staff that someone had signed for a parcel delivery from Purolator but that the person expecting the parcel had not received it. The person whose name was signed denies signing for the parcel. Video footage of the main entrance will be reviewed. Investigation continues.

Graffiti

Location: Library

Reported: Oct. 3 at 5:50 p.m.

A custodian at the library reported graffiti in the men’s washroom on the fifth floor. The graffiti consisted of the drawing of a head with the caption “Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t after you.” There are no suspects. Physical Resources was contacted to remove the graffiti.

Disturbance

Location: Northdale Campus

Reported: Oct. 3 at 9:19 p.m.

Special Constables and a regional police officer responded to the area at the rear of Northdale Campus in response to a report from a concerned citizen about a male being put inside a garbage dumpster. The matter will be brought to the attention of the dean of students.

Intoxicated Person

Location: Residence

Reported: Oct. 1 at 11:58 a.m.

Special Constables and EMS attended at a residence in response to a report of an extremely intoxicated male in one of the units. On arrival the student was found lying in his own vomit in the washroom and was unconscious. He was subsequently taken to Grand River Hospital by ambulance for further treatment. A Provincial Offence Notice was issued for minor consumption.

Intoxicated Person

Location: Residence

Reported: Sept. 30 at 11:26 p.m.

While on patrol a Special Constable observed an intoxicated female being carried by two males who were attempting to enter a residence. They said they were looking for a washroom. There was another male and female also in attendance. They were University of Waterloo. students accompanied by a male WLU student. The female had a lump on her head and was bleeding from the upper lip. She was subsequently transported to hospital by EMS.

Intoxicated Person

Location: Main Campus

Reported: Sept. 30 at 10:53 p.m.

Special Constables received a report of an unconscious intoxicated female between the Athletic Complex and Conrad Hall. She could not be wakened and was subsequently taken to hospital by EMS.

Theft Under $5,000

Location: Residence

Reported: Oct. 5 at 2:53 p.m.

A resident reported that his watch had been stolen two weeks ago. He did not report it earlier as he thought it would “show up.” He had left it on a desk in his room. No suspects.

Description: Men’s watch, ‘Nixon’ make, black mat on gloss metallic, analog, no numbers, diamond in the middle.

Injured/Sick Person

Location: University Ave. sidewalk

Reported: Oct. 6 at 11:07 p.m.

A Special Constable and EMS attended at the sidewalk on University Ave. adjacent to the Arts C Wing after receiving a report that a cyclist had fallen off his bike and struck his head. The male was bleeding and stated he has had four previous concussions. He was identified as a 19-year-old male student and transported Grand River Hospital by EMS for further treatment. Alcohol consumption was not a factor.

Impaired Driver

Location: Residence

Reported: Oct. 8, at 4:56 a.m.

SCS officers came across two intoxicated males sitting inside a parked vehicle. WRPS was called and attended for assistance. No criminal charges were proceeded with. The vehicle was towed by Active Towing to their impound lot and the two males were sent on their way in a city cab.