Arts bites: October 11, 2012

Ashley Tisdale a prostitute?

In the recent episodes of FX’s hit show Sons of Anarchy, airing Sept. 25th and Oct. 2nd, you may have noticed former Disney star Ashley Tisdale partaking in activities alongside the infamous biker gang. Her role on the show was a prostitute — quite a difference from her puritan role as Sharpay Evans in Disney’s 2006 High School Musical. Tisdale’s career has taken a nosedive as of late, so if you’re bored or just looking for a laugh, here’s your chance.

50 Shades of Grey gets a screenwriter

Author E. L. James announced through Twitter that the pre-production for the on-screen adaption of her smash-hit erotic novel 50 Shades of Grey has taken a huge stride forward through the hiring of Terra Nova screenwriter Kelly Marcel. Whether you’re a fan of what is known as the “mommy porn” sensation or not, you can expect a lot of hype to build up around the casting of the leading roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele.

Two action movie remakes release trailers

20th Century Fox and Disney released the first teasers for two highly-anticipated films that are set to hit theatres in February and July respectively this past week.  A Good Day to Die Hard is the fifth installment in the Bruce Willis-driven Die Hard series and the movie’s already pre-sold out on the basis of getting another chance to watch the aging American hero still kick bad guys around the room one more time. With regards to The Lone Ranger, Johnny Depp stars alongside Armie Hammer (The Social Network) as the Native American “Tonto” in the Jerry Bruckheimer reboot of the 50’s television series classic.

–Compiled by Andrew Savory