Arts bites: Feb. 2, 2010

The Game not Tila Tequila’s baby daddy

On Friday, Twitter proved once again that it has legitimate uses.

Television “personality” Tila Tequila, who remains recognizable for no other reason than the fact that her name rhymes and is easy to remember, suggested that rapper The Game was the father of her unborn child via the social networking site.

The Game responded by tweeting that she was incorrect and he in fact, referring to Ms. Tequila, “wouldn’t hit it wit 50’ pole.”

He later confirmed that he had not “hit it” to celebrity news website TMZ, finding other reputable media outlets unresponsive to his calls offering to tell his side of this sensational story.
-Mike Lakusiak

J.D. Salinger dies at 91

Author of beloved American classic The Catcher in the Rye J.D. Salinger died at home on Thursday.

Out of the public eye for over 40 years, Salinger last published new writing in 1965.

An unflattering portrait of the reclusive Salinger had been propagated in recent years, with accounts published against his will, including a book by his daughter in 2000 that suggested he drank his own urine and spoke in tongues during her childhood.
-Mike Lakusiak

Mike Myers: worst actor of the decade?
After over 20 years in the industry of comedy film-making, Scarborough-born actor Mike Myers has finally received true recognition, being nominated for a Razzie award as the worst actor of the decade.

Yes, we all recognize the genius that was the Austin Powers series, but Myers was nominated solely for his work in comedy flops The Love Guru and The Cat in the Hat.
-Rebecca Vasluianu