Arts Bites

Bachmann offended by Roots, Fallon, NBC

After her appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon was introduced with the Roots playing the track “Lyin’ Ass Bitch” as she walked onstage, Minnesota congresswoman and nominal GOP presidential candidate Michelle Bachmann complained that the use of the song was sexist and “clearly a form of bias on the part of the Hollywood entertainment elite.” Somewhere, ?uestlove remains confident that nothing inappropriate happened.

Wu-Tanger hits the Ivy League

GZA will be giving a guest lecture at Harvard, as well as possibly MIT, next month on his method of writing lyrics. Mandatory attendance is encouraged for all the aimless graduates of these schools who feel that they may need to examine a career in the rap game given the utter
worthlessness of their degrees.

Soulja Boy to release fourth album in 2012

“It’s going to be dope,” said the marginally famous rapper, who had apparently cranked out three albums since that song that all the douche bags in your high school learned the dance to. Millions of people, if not billions, anxiously await its release.

Wyclef Jean’s charity still corrupt as shit
Former Fugee Wyclef Jean is running a charity that would support Haiti and the numerous crises affecting that nation, if it wasn’t so corrupt. This is not the first time allegations of ill deeds at his organization have surfaced after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. As expected, the news continues to kill softly Jean’s public image.

—Compiled by Mike Lakusiak