Arts Bites

“Next time on Arrested Development”

As early as 2013, it was announcedlast week, new episodes of Arrested Development will be produced and streamed through Netflix as part of an exclusive distribution agreement. There is no word on how many cast members will return for the episodes, but the idea seems to be to bring audiences up to speed on the Bluths ahead of the movie to be released sometime after. Fox is probably kicking itself now that Netflix has secured the deal, but that’s why you always don’t cancel a beloved, ingeniously written show. And it doesn’t even take a one-armed man to teach that lesson.

Elaine against pipeline

Seinfeld actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus filmed a clip recently addressing President Barack Obama and calling on him to oppose the Keystone XL pipeline project. Apparently reformed after her stint in sitcom prison for violating the “Good Samaritan law”, Louis-Dreyfus notes that the pipeline could cause catastrophic environmental damage if built.

Billy Corgan: wrestling promoter

Leader of the Smashing Pumpkins and widely acknowledged insane individual Billy Corgan has taken to promoting wrestling events in his spare time. This is not surprising but nonetheless a fitting anecdote when you hear “Zero” at a party and are asked what Corgan is doing now that the Smashing Pumpkins are an awful reanimated version of the original group.

—Compiled by Mike Lakusiak