Waterloo traffic redirected during peak move-in days
Due to the increase in traffic seen during Orientation Week around the Wilfrid Laurier University and University of Waterloo (UW) campuses, the City of Waterloo is redirecting traffic around high-volume areas.
This redirection will occur between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 5, Monday, Sept. 6, Saturday, Sept. 11 and Sunday, Sept. 12.
The City of Waterloo will be ensuring the ease of traffic by having additional police and bylaw officers on patrol in these areas. Signs will also be posted.
There will also be temporary changes and restrictions to traffic flow in certain areas, particularly those between the two universities.
Here is a list of the temporary changes:
• No left turns onto Lester Street from University Avenue West
• No left turns onto Lester Street from Columbia Street West
• No left turns onto University Avenue West from Lester Street, and no through traffic
• Lester Street will be one way from Seagram Drive to Columbia Street West
• No left turns onto Spruce Street from Columbia Street West
• Spruce Street will be one way from Hickory Street West to Columbia Street West