Laurier announces updated plan for winter term in-person instruction
Wilfrid Laurier University released a revised, four-phased plan for in-person instruction on Jan. 19.
Winter term classes are planned to resume between Jan. 31-Feb. 28 “based on class size and activity, as supported by public health guidance.” The phased return course list can be found here.
Laurier’s mandatory vaccination and face-covering policies will still be in effect. At this time, proof of booster vaccinations is not required.
The plan is being implemented as follows:
Phase 1: Jan. 31
• First-year undergraduate classes with enrolments of up to 100 students will resume in-person instruction on all campuses, with some larger sections of 100-250 students set to return.
• All labs (of all levels), where permitted by public health, will return in person.
• Select graduate courses begin to resume in-person.
Phase 2: Feb. 7
• The remaining first-year undergraduate courses with enrolments of 100-250 students will return to campuses.
• Upper year undergraduate courses with enrolments of 100 students or less will return to campus, with some larger sections set to resume in-person instruction.
• All remaining graduate courses will return to in-person learning.
Phase 3: Feb. 14
• Courses with enrolments of 100-250 students or more will resume in-person instruction on campuses.
Phase 4: Feb. 28
• All remaining courses with enrolments of 250 students or more will resume in-person classes on campuses.
A detailed breakdown of each phase can be found in the university’s recent At-a-Glance Updates.
A Winter Town Hall will be hosted by Laurier on Jan. 28 at 10:00 a.m. for undergraduate students and 1:30 p.m. for graduate students to provide more details and answer questions.