You know what yanks my Cord…

…People who bitch about the cold. We’re in one of the warmest parts of the country, so suck it up! Yet every year once the cold hits, people bitterly start complaining.

It’s not like people even have an excuse to complain anymore either, with the Internet and smartphones we can get weather forecasts in the palm of our hands before we even leave in the morning. Even those feeling old school can still get it off the television or radio before school.

If, for whatever reason, your parents failed to lecture you as a child on the do’s and don’ts of the winter season, here is some advice on how to enjoy the cold instead of dreading it.

The first thing you have to do is completely change your mindset. If you keep thinking how cold it is, it’s going to feel cold.

The best way I’ve found for remedying this is to trick yourself into thinking it’s warmer than it actually is by no longer thinking of temperature in the Celsius scale. This time of year has too many negative temperatures attached to it, you are better off straining that brain of yours and learning Fahrenheit. Who the heck wants to go outside in when it’s -10 degrees, when you could be enjoying some crisp 14 degree weather?

It may sound ridiculous, but in a society bombarded by Celsius temperatures it may be enough to keep you positive during the winter. At the very least it will keep your mind occupied.

Your other mistake was wearing insufficient clothes to go outside in. Walking around campus this weekend I saw many people not even wearing gloves.
Living in Waterloo is not like living in Toronto.

It is colder here. Having lived here for four winters I can say that there will be times that bundling up is necessary, and that investing in a nice wool scarf, a good jacket, a hat and some gloves will make the winters more manageable.
After all life is too short to fear the cold; start embracing it or if you don’t embrace it, at least quit bitching about it.