Oct. 27, 2010

Property Damage:
Date: October 23, 2010 @ 1.38 am
Location: Residence
A patrolling duty Don discovered a shattered window in one of the north side interior doors. The damage had been done recently. SCS was called in to investigate.

*Property Damage:
Date: October 23, 2010 @ 2.21 am
Location: MacDonald House, Student Publications
Two students working inside The Cord Office were startled by the sound of breaking glass. They discovered that person(s) unknown had just broken a window on the south side facing the Quad. They were gone on the arrival of SCS officers. The students were not injured by the flying shards of glass.

*Intoxicated Person:
Date: October 23, 2010 @ 3.28 am
Location: Residence
SCS officers dealt with an intoxicated 22 year old male (non-student) that was found passed out on the front steps of the student residence. He was from out of town and had been visiting a student living off campus. He was connected with him again and taken to his residence to sober up.

*Graffiti:
Date: October 23, 2010 @ 5.16 am
Location: 232 King St. N.
A 19 year old local male was arrested for Mischief in relation to spray painting the back of a parked SCS cruiser and the side of the building at 232 King St. He had been observed committing the act on a surveillance camera. He was chased on foot down King St. and Lodge by a SCS officer. The officer lost sight of him but with the assistance of a K9 unit from WRPS he was located nearby hiding behind a house on Lodge St.

Alarm:
Date: October 23, 2010 @ 8.03 a.m
Location: St. Michael Campus
A security alarm was activated at the a/m location. SCs attended and discovered that a door had been insecure.

Unwanted Person:
Date: October 23, 2010 @ 9.48 am
Location: Athletic Complex
SCS officers checked on the well being of an elderly female that had appeared somewhat suspicious to a staff member. She was located and spoken to by SCS officers. It was discovered that she has a valid A.C. membership and officers found no issues with her.

Theft Under $5000:
Date: October 23, 2010 @ 11.20 am
Location: University Stadium, Parking Lot #9
SCS officers are investigating the theft of a wallet from a parked motor vehicle. Suspect(s) unknown had smashed out the window on the drivers’ side and after searching the vehicle removed the victim’s wallet containing a small amount of cash and I.D.

*Property Damage:
Date: October 23, 2010 @ 1.48 pm
Location: Parking Lot #16
SCS is investigating a complaint about a parked motor vehicle having been damaged by person(s) unknown walking on top of the vehicle, thereby damaging the hood and the trunk.

Injured/Sick Person:
Date: October 23, 2010 @ 7.38 pm
Location: Residence
ERT members and a SCS officer attended to a female student that had sustained a serious accidental cut to one of her fingers. She was assessed and treated by ERT and advised to seek further medical assistance at Grand River Hospital.

*Alarm:
Date: October 23, 2010 @ 8.34 pm
Location: Residence
SCS officers and members from the Waterloo Fire Dept. attended to the student residence in response to a fire alarm. It is believed that the cause was an overheated frying pan in one of the units on the third floor. There was no fire and no damage to report.