March 30, 2011

Dear Life.

I am from Timmins Ontario, which is 9.5 hours north from here for those who don’t know, and I have only been home once at Christmas. I woke up this morning, looked out my window, and felt like I was home.
Thanks for the extra boost to get me through exams.

Sincerely,
Wtf Is Up With The Weather?

Dear Life,

To the Mon/Wed business class that annoyingly comes in after my sociology class, you guys are really rude for not letting us leave the lecture hall before you guys come in.
Once it hits 12:40 you guys start cramming against the doors and talking really loud even though we have ten minutes left of class.
How about next time you have class let us all leave before you guys come in, it just makes life a whole lot easier.

Sincerely,
Use Those Nice Manners Your Mama Taught You

Dear Life,

Why is it that the smoothie place in the dining hall is NEVER open? To increase sales they have decided to give out those free smoothie after ten purchases thing which is a really smart incentive because no one will ever be able to get ten smoothies.
I have been eating at the dining hall all year and have had no more than three smoothies. Dining hall I love you, but you would make way more money if the smoothie place was open more!

Sincerely,
Next Time It’s Open, I’m Buying 50

Dear Life,

Why is it that the one tradition we have; not walking on the hawk, can’t be accepted and respected by the Laurier community.
It’s been a tradition for decades, so fucking figure it out and avoid the hawk, or next time when you’re not looking I’ll tackle you from behind and make sure you never walk again.

Sincerely,
Take Your Size Fuckin’ 10 Feet Elsewhere

Dear Life,

I finally had the opportunity to visit ‘Main Campus’ last week after almost 3 years of being a WLU student. I’ve realized it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.

Sincerely,
Happier Here In Brantford :)

Dear Life,

Throughout my four years here at Laurier I have learned two things: How to party and how to volunteer.Thank you.

Sincerely,
I Still Don’t Know What “The Medium Is The Message” Means

Dear Life,

Thank you Laurier for uniting me with my fellow gingers. I didn’t know this many existed :)

Sincerely,
Ginger Living With Another Ginger

Dear Life,

Thank you for finally stealing my foot patrol virginity. Team 005 of Wednesday you made my night. :)

Sincerely,
That Girl Who Is Totally Good Friends With You Already But Thought She’d Say Good Job Anyways

Dear Life,

How do you expect me to get any work done in the library when it’s absolutely freezing, some girls are standing on their chairs talking to each other over the cubicles, one of them having a very high pitch voice, they are taking pictures of each other, and it smells like a farm on this floor… it’s not like I don’t have three major papers due this week…FML!!!
Go back to highschool….

Sincerely,
4th Year Student Extremely Fuckin Annoyed!

Dear Life,

Did I actually just stand in the Timmies line in the science building for ten minutes and not even move an inch?

Sincerely,
Five Minutes Late For Class… And Counting!

Dear Life,

Why can’t my ICE group find a study space on campus on a Sunday morning? And don’t even talk about the crappy Internet in the classrooms. PLUS, is it too difficult to write a case on something other than industrial valves? No, I meant REUSE a case on valves. Get off your butts and write a case for us. And MAYBE… just maybe you can even write Laurier’s study space and Internet problem– something that we ACTUALLY care about and want to put an end to.

Sincerely,
Don’t-Be-Lazy-And-Reuse-Last-Year’s-Case