March 3, 2010

Alarm; Location: Northdale Campus; Reported: Feb. 22 @ 8:39 a.m.
A special constable responded to an intrusion alarm at the Northdale Campus gym. The alarm had been set off by a staff member who did not enter her code in time.

Alarm; Location: St. Michael’s Campus; Reported: Feb. 22 @ 10:20 p.m.
A special constable attended at St Michael’s after an intrusion alarm was received. On checking the premises all appeared to be in order. The cause of the alarm is unknown.

Injured/Sick Person; Location: Athletic Complex; Reported: Feb. 23 @ 3:50 p.m.
ERT & a special constable responded to the Athletic Complex after receiving a report that a female had collapsed while exercising. On arrival, the female was seated. She was checked by ERT and subsequently taken to hospital by a friend.

Injured/Sick Person; Location: Health Services; Reported: Feb. 23 @ 6:10 p.m.
EMS was called to Health Services when a female student attended there complaining of neck and back pain. The student had fallen down some stairs in the Aird Building earlier in the day. She was transported to hospital by ambulance.

Injured/Sick Person; Location: St. Jerome’s; Reported: Feb. 25 @ 8:12 p.m.
A special constable attended at St Jerome’s in response to a call from the elevator reporting that two 12 year old females were stuck inside. The Kitchener Fire Department also attended. The girls were spoken to throughout the incident through the closed elevator door and reported that they were alright. When the elevator doors were eventually opened by the technician one of the girls was face down on the floor. She was coherent and able to get up. She apparently fainted while she was waiting. EMS was called and checked the girl who along with her grandmother, who was also there, declined to go to the hospital.

Intoxicated Person; Location: Residence; Reported: Feb. 25 @ 10:26 p.m.
Special constables attended at a residence regarding a very intoxicated male student. He was unresponsive except for pain stimulation and was breathing normally. EMS was called and the student was subsequently transported to hospital.

Injured/Sick Person; Location: Mid Campus Drive; Reported: Feb. 26 @ 1:27 a.m.
While on patrol, a special constable observed a male fall to the ground and strike his head on Mid Campus Dr as a result of some “horseplay” with another male. He received a cut above his eye and was bleeding. First aid was administered and he was advised to attend at the hospital. He was subsequently taken there by friends.

Unwanted Person; Location: Residence; Reported: Feb. 22 @ 7:41 p.m.
Special constables responded to a residence after receiving a report from residence staff that a student who had previously been evicted and banned from the premises was in the building. On arrival it appeared that the individual was already gone.

Theft Under $5000; Location: Wilf’s Pub; Reported: Feb. 24 @ 2:44 a.m.
Special Constable Service received a report of a stolen wallet at Wilf’s. The matter is under investigation.

Theft Under $5000; Location: Wilf’s Pub; Reported: Feb. 24 @ 1:00 a.m.
A student who came to the Special Constable Service Dispatch Centre to retrieve some property of hers that had been turned in reported that some cash was missing. The matter is under investigation.

Injured/Sick Person; Location: Turret; Reported: Feb. 25 @ 8:48 a.m.
Special constables attended at the Turret in response to a report of a student who had fainted. On arrival, the student was conscious and sitting in a chair. She reported that she started to feel very warm during a kinesiology class being held at the Turret. She then passed out. Oxygen was administered and she was subsequently escorted to Health Services by a special constable.

Theft Under $5000; Location: Science Building; Reported: Feb. 25 @ 10:00 a.m.
Special Constable Service received a report of a hard drive having been stolen from a computer in one of the labs in the Science Building. About an hour after it was discovered missing it was found to have been returned. None of the students in the area observed anyone using the particular computer in question. No suspects.

Unwanted Person; Location: Wilf’s Pub; Reported: Feb. 26 @ 2:04 a.m.
A special constable attended at Wilf’s after receiving a report of a fight outside Wilf’s. The parties were separated and one individual was issued a provincial offence notice under the Trespass to Property Act for failing to leave when he was directed.

Unknown Call Requiring Police Assistance; Location: Parking Lot 20; Reported: Feb. 26 @ 10:36 a.m.
Special Constable Service received a report of a verbal altercation between the owner of a parked vehicle and Parking Services personnel. The owner of the vehicle was spoken to and the matter was resolved.

Drugs; Location: Residence; Reported: Feb. 26 @ 3:03 p.m.
A special constable attended at a residence after residence staff reported a resident in possession of drug paraphernalia. The item in question was a glass “bong” which was seized. The matter is being dealt with by residence staff.

Unwanted Person; Location: Grad Pub; Reported: Feb. 26 @ 4:06 p.m.
A special constable attended at the Grad Pub after receiving a report that a male who had been banned from the premises was there. Investigation revealed that the individual was attending a conference which was open to the public. At some point the individual left. No further action was necessary.

Theft Under $5000; Location: Unknown Location; Reported: Feb. 26 @ 4:03 p.m.
Special Constable Service received a report of a stolen blackberry. The complainant was not sure if it was stolen from the Science Building or his unlocked locker in the mens’ change room at the Athletic Complex.

Injured/Sick Person; Location: Residence; Reported: Feb. 26 @ 11:59 p.m.
Special Constables responded to a residence after receiving a report of an injured female. The female was found by residence staff in an intoxicated state at the foot of a set of stairs. She was unable to explain how she got there and was unable to say if she struck her head. EMS was called and the female was transported to hospital by ambulance.

Drugs; Location: Residence; Reported: Feb. 27 @ 12:46 a.m.
Residence staff called Special Constable Service to report students smoking marijuana at a residence. When special constables arrived the occupants of the unit denied smoking marijuana in the unit and claimed they had been smoking it at an off campus location. A pipe with some residue was seized. The matter will be dealt with by residence staff.

Alarm; Location: Arts E Wing; Reported: Feb. 27 @ 12:22 a.m.
Special constables and Waterloo Fire Department responded to the Arts E Wing after receiving a fire alarm. No sign of smoke or fire was found. The cause of the alarm was an activated pull station.

Alarm; Location: Bookstore; Reported: Feb. 27 @ 12:20 a.m.
Special constables responded to a security alarm at the Bookstore. The premises were checked and all appeared to be in order. The cause of the alarm is unknown.

Drugs; Location: Residence; Reported: Feb. 27 @ 1:55 a.m.
Special constables attended at a residence after receiving a report from residence staff regarding someone smoking marijuana. On arrival one female and two males were in the suspect room. None of them resided in the room and claim that their friend had gone home for the weekend and given them permission to “hang out” in his room. A “bong” and a small amount of marijuana were seized. The matter is being dealt with by residence staff.

Property Damage; Location: Residence; Reported: Feb. 5:47 a.m.
While on patrol of the parking garage at a Residence a special constable found that person(s) unknown had broken a window in one of the elevator vestibules. No suspects.

Theft Under $5000; Location: Student Services Building; Reported: Feb. 27 @ 1:14 p.m.
Person(s) unknown stole a fire extinguisher from the hall to the washroom outside the Paul Martin Centre. No suspects.

Injured/Sick Person; Location: Residence; Reported: Feb. 27 @ 11:40 p.m.
Special constables and EMS attended at a residence after receiving a report of an intoxicated female in one of the units. Two female residents were found in an intoxicated state and both had vomited several times. One of the females was coherent but the other was unable to care for herself and required treatment by EMS attendants. She was subsequently taken to hospital.

Alarm; Location: Arts E Wing; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 1:40 a.m.
Special constables attended to a security alarm in room 1E1. On arrival they found one of the doors insecure. Ramblings of what appeared to be an intoxicated person were found written on the white board. Otherwise all appeared in order. It seems possible that an intoxicated person entered through the insecure door, wrote on the white board and may have bumped into the console thereby setting off the alarm.

Injured/Sick Person; Location: Residence; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 3:25 a.m.
Special constables and ERT attended at a residence in response to a report of an intoxicated male requiring assistance. On arrival, the male was found lying on a bed and had vomited several times. He was examined by ERT and assisted back to his own room where he was left in the care of a sober room mate. The matter is being dealt with by residence staff.

A special constable and ERT attended at a residence in response to a report of an intoxicated male. EMS was called because the duty don was concerned because she had never seen the male in this condition before and he did not appear to be recovering. He was transported to hospital for treatment.

Injured/Sick Person; Location: Athletic Complex; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 1:39 a.m.
A special constable and ERT responded to a report of a male student who had sprained his ankle at the Athletic Complex. He was treated with an ice pack and tensor bandage. No further action was required.

Alarm; Location: Arts E Wing; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 3:20 a.m.
Special constables and Waterloo Fire Department responded to the Concourse area after receiving a fire alarm. No sign of smoke or fire were detected. The cause of the alarm was an activated pull station.

Alarm; Location: St Michael’s; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 4:47 a.m.
A special constable responded to a security alarm at St Michael’s Campus. The building was checked and everything appeared to be in order. The cause of the alarm appeared to be a malfunction.

Unwanted Person; Location: Lot 11; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 3:05 a.m.
Two females were observed on CCTV cameras laying on the hood of the Special Constable Service vehicle. They were spoken to and sent on their way. There was no damage to the vehicle.

Property Damage; Location: Parking Lot 14; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 5:20 a.m.
Special Constable Service received a report of damage done to a vehicle parked in lot 14. Video footage of the area is being reviewed.

Liquor Offence; Location: Dining Hall; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 8:10 a.m.
A special constable dealt with three individuals who were found in possession of open liquor. The individuals are residents and the matter was turned over to residence staff.

Theft Under $5000; Location: Library; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 3:33 p.m.
Special Constable Service received a report of the theft of a lap top computer from the third floor of the Library. The matter is under investigation.

Injured/Sick Person; Location: Residence; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 4:32 p.m.
A special constable and EMS attended at a residence in response to a report of a male having a seizure. The male was transported to hospital by ambulance. He was a University of Guelph student.

Alarm; Location: St Michael’s Campus; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 6:50 p.m.
A special constable responded to a security alarm at St Michael’s. The building was checked and everything appeared to be in order. The alarm may have been caused by someone entering the building through an insecure door. The door was secured and the alarm reset.

Property Damage; Location: King St Residence Parking Garage; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 8:55 p.m.
Special Constables responded to the King St Residence Parking garage after receiving a report that a number of males were attempting to roll a car over. On arrival, no one was found and no car had been rolled over. One vehicle was found to have a broken side view mirror. The owner was notified. There are no suspects.

Unwanted Person; Location: 202 Regina; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 8:27 p.m.
Special constables responded to the south side of 202 Regina after receiving a report of several males building a snow boarding ramp. The individuals were made to clear the snow they had piled on the sidewalk and in front of an exit door. They were verbally trespassed. No further action was required.

Disturbance; Location: Nichols Centre/Concourse; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 9:10 p.m.
A large group of people who had taken part in a spontaneous celebration parade on University Ave & King St after Team Canada won an Olympic gold medal made their way into the Nichols Centre and the Concourse area chanting and singing. After a short time the group dispersed. They were observed by special constables. No further action was required.

Assist Other Service; Location: University Ave/King St; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 7:18 p.m.
Waterloo Regional Police requested WLU Special Constable Service assistance with crowd control for a large group of revellers at University Ave and Mid Campus Drive who were celebrating Team Canada’s Olympic gold medal victory. Regional Police and the OPP shut down University Ave and King St. The group was monitored and escorted from King St & University Ave to the University of Waterloo and back and then up and down King St. The crowd eventually dispersed without major incident.

Theft Under $5000; Location: Aird Centre; Reported: Feb. 28 @ 10:50 p.m.
Person(s) unknown stole a fire extinguisher from its cabinet by the Senate/Board Chamber. No suspects.