Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 is fast-paced

RE: Action replaced by wizard angst, Nov. 24

Film criticism is obviously more of a matter of opinion than fact, but I found the claim that Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 is slower-paced and has less action than any other recent Harry Potter film to be flat-out inaccurate. I would argue that Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 probably has as much action as the last three Potter films combined, if not more. 

I could not tell what “battle scenes” from Half-Blood Prince Murphy was even referencing, because I don’t recall there being anything of the sort in that film. Now Half-Blood Prince was a slow paced and boring movie, which focused more on teen angst than action. 

Deathly Hallows Pt. 1, on the other hand, was the only Potter film so far that legitimately felt like an action/adventure movie and it definitely was not slow-paced compared to the other Potter films before it. 

The Ministry of Magic escape scene, forest chase and the highway chase scene were all more elaborate action set-pieces than anything in Half-Blood Prince by far. The only other action scenes in previous Potter films that compare to any of these scenes are the dragon challenge from Goblet of Fire and the Ministry of Magic showdown in Order of the Phoenix. Also, The Dark Knight did not invent car chase scenes and I could just as easily say that Dark Knight borrowed from The Matrix Reloaded for its car chase scene which, in turn, probably borrowed from something else.
—James Popkie