The Lead Photographer will not have as much of a workload as the Photo Editors, however, they will still be relied upon for multiple photos every week. Whoever fills the position will need to be available to cover stories on both a planned and last minute basis. They will need to demonstrate strong communication skills. Candidates for this position must:
- Receive photo assignments from the Photo Editor;
- Have existing knowledge of photography and editing;
- Have knowledge of multiple areas of photography (i.e. sports, speakers, staged photos, concerts, etc.)
- Contribute at least three photo requests each week;
- Edit own photos for online and print; assist Photo Editor in editing any other photos;
- Be responsible for taking the photos for “Vocal Cord” with the Lead Reporter or volunteer weekly;
- Be responsible for putting up the online photo galleries on Wednesday mornings;
- Be available to cover stories during production;
- Attend All-Cord meetings;
- When using social media in regards to The Cord or WLUSP, the photographer is expected to conduct themselves in a respectful and professional manner.
Applicants are required to provide any two (2) relevant pieces of sample work.